6 months ago yesterday I got to hold my first living child here on Earth. It's been an exciting, fun, joyful 6 months with Elijah and we can't thank God enough for his life here with us. He is at such a fun age and we love seeing him discover new things every day. In the past week he: went to the lake for the first time, went to his first Braves game, started squealing high pitched excited squeals, went from eating 4 oz to 6 oz suddenly and has gained about half a pound and hung out with his (girl) friend Hannah Mae. It's been a busy week for my little man. We are having a great summer!!
I remember being so excited when I got pregnant with Caleb thinking about having the whole summer off with him. In my mind I planned out all these things that I wanted to do with him. That was 2 years ago. Last summer was really hard as Caleb would have been 6 months old as well in July and would be doing the things that Elijah is doing now. I am finally getting to live out and do the things that I dreamed of and planned for Caleb and I. I miss him so much.
Please pray for Josh and I. We are having a really hard time and trying to work through our grief and the ways that it has affected us. A lot of our grief has been suppressed as we have been dealing with the stress, anxiety and fear of being pregnant with Elijah and taking care of him in the past 6 months. As it is getting a little easier to take care of Elijah it is all hitting us at once. The grief is taking it's toll on us more now than ever and we are both worn down from it. It's just so exhausting to deal with the pain day in and day out.
Our friends Ebe and Chris came over last night with their sweet baby girl Hannah Mae. They lost their first child in November 2007. Just like Caleb, sweet Owen went to Heaven before he was born. It turned out that Ebe has the same blood clotting disorder that I do and also had to give herself Lovenox shots everyday during her pregnancy with Hannah Mae. Hannah and Elijah are so cute together and we call them Lovenox babies. You can read about Chris, Ebe, Owen and Hannah Mae on Ebe's blog.
We didn't take many pictures at the lake but we did take a lot at the Braves game. Elijah was SO good at the game. It was raining when we first got there so we had to sit in the car and wait for it to pass. Because of the rain delay the game lasted until 11:30. Other than a 30 minute nap in Josh's lap he stayed awake the whole time and never cried or got fussy. He's already a true Braves fan :)
In front of my favorite Braves player's # growing up, Dale Murphy (also my favorite #!)
Go Braves!!
Passed out!
That's right, I'm a Braves fan!!
Elijah and Hannah Mae, our Lovenox babies hanging out!
I'm glad that boy finally got to wear one of his Braves outfits to a game... :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Sierra
He's such a cutie! We had a great time hanging out with you three...I love that he was so concerned and wanted to hold onto Hannah's knee. What a sweet kid!
ReplyDelete