"So fear not for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10).
I tried a few other measures to get him to move and finally as Josh was about to go to work we decided we should go to the hospital. My doctor has reiterated to me time and time again that if I feel that something is wrong to call her and then just go straight to the hospital if the office isn't open. She sent me there last week because she was concerned and wanted me to be hooked up to the monitor for a couple of hours.
So, this boy is just really stubborn or a really hard sleeper, or both. The moment we got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor to hear his heartbeat he starting moving like mad!! They wanted to keep me on the monitor for about 20 minutes anyway just to be sure. During that time though I started to have contractions show up on the monitor. I didn't even feel them at first but then they started coming on stronger (they hurt!) and were really close. The nurse seemed concerned and started talking like I could be going into labor. Josh and I were thinking "What is going on? This is crazy!" and planning what we would do if Elijah came today. To end the long story...we ended up being there for 4 1/2 hours, they checked me and I was barely dilated 1 cm, doctor said baby is perfect, said they were just Braxton Hicks and sent us home and told me to drink more water and if the contractions became stronger to call them. I am still having contractions but not as strong or as close together and Elijah has been kicking me all day. What a funny boy he is!! Though it was stressful and scary I am so happy that we are well taken care of and every precaution is being made. The nurses at St. Mary's L&D are amazing!! It's going to be a long 4 1/2 weeks.
On a lighter note: We have the nursery ready and I am so proud of it and excited about it so I thought I would share pictures. We had painted the nursery but wasn't finished with it when Caleb was born so we have worked really hard to finish it for Elijah. It's perfect and just what I wanted it to be. Enjoy!
So, this boy is just really stubborn or a really hard sleeper, or both. The moment we got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor to hear his heartbeat he starting moving like mad!! They wanted to keep me on the monitor for about 20 minutes anyway just to be sure. During that time though I started to have contractions show up on the monitor. I didn't even feel them at first but then they started coming on stronger (they hurt!) and were really close. The nurse seemed concerned and started talking like I could be going into labor. Josh and I were thinking "What is going on? This is crazy!" and planning what we would do if Elijah came today. To end the long story...we ended up being there for 4 1/2 hours, they checked me and I was barely dilated 1 cm, doctor said baby is perfect, said they were just Braxton Hicks and sent us home and told me to drink more water and if the contractions became stronger to call them. I am still having contractions but not as strong or as close together and Elijah has been kicking me all day. What a funny boy he is!! Though it was stressful and scary I am so happy that we are well taken care of and every precaution is being made. The nurses at St. Mary's L&D are amazing!! It's going to be a long 4 1/2 weeks.
On a lighter note: We have the nursery ready and I am so proud of it and excited about it so I thought I would share pictures. We had painted the nursery but wasn't finished with it when Caleb was born so we have worked really hard to finish it for Elijah. It's perfect and just what I wanted it to be. Enjoy!
I love the nursery. I can't wait to be there with you and welcome Elijah into this world. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI love his name spelled out on the wall. That is a very Miranda room. Hopefully, the hard sleeping will continue once he's born! :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Sierra
Oh Miranda! My heart just skipped a beat. I hate that you had such a scare. I wish I could make the days fly by for you.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers,
ebe